FAQHow does scoring work?


  • Individual questions are scored out of 1000 points.
  • An episode score is the average of all the scored questions
  • A season score is the average of all the episodes that have a scores
  • A case score is the average of all episodes that have scores

Question scoring

A question is scored out of 1000 points.

If the player has the correct answer, they will receive 1000 points. If they answer incorrectly, they will get 0 points.

If a timer is set on the question, the rules change slightly. 60% of the 1000 points will be given for the correct answer and the remaining 40% will be a ratio based on how long they took to answer (even if they get the wrong answer).


Let's say you have a scored question with a timer for 100 secs. If the player takes 23secs to answer:

  • Time points: the player will receive 40% of 1000 points times the time ratio (aka 1000 x 0.4 x (100 -23) / 100 ), so 308 points
  • Correct answer: if the player answers correctly, we will add 60% of the 1000 points to the time points (aka 1000 x 0.6 ), so 600 points

Giving the player a total of 308 + 600 = 908 points.

Episode scoring

Because of the dynamic nature of Livecase, players can have a various number of scored questions (one player might have no question, while the other has 5). For this reason, Livecase does an average of scores so that they are comparable.

This website uses cookies for authentication, security, analytics...View Cookie Policy